Saturday, October 22, 2011

Wedding Day

This happened May 8, 2011, a civil wedding it is, many thinks  I am not prepared for this, I am not really sure of what I am doing, in short many are against primarily because I look too young for them,  but honestly I am really ready to settle, because where else can we go? dun din naman ang bagsak nun, why do we have to wait for a long time.. This was honestly not my perspective 12 years ago, but things changed and I must say, there will come a point in our lives that we have to level-up our relationship, to let our partner feel that they are important.

At first I was ambivalent, what type of wedding do we really want? Honestly , I want a beach wedding in Punta Fuego, it was all planned already a friend of mine has a membership on that place, but it didn't turn out the way it is, we need to have reservation months before. But its ok, i just want a simple wedding, a celebration of two persons loving each other with their closest family members. I want to keep this moment privately and imagine mo nlng pag lahat ng friends ko invited, super dami nun, sa totoo lang ang hirap mag-plan ng wedding ng mag-isa , hindi ko sinisisi c Leo kasi he is in other country and I have to make all the decisions we can get married as soon as possible, kasi he will be staying only in the Philippines for 1 month and after that we will both moved in to Abu Dhabi. So simple wedding talaga dapat muna. Church wedding is not possible also kasi I didn't have First Communion.

Everything was kept secret sa side ko, 1 month before ko lang sinabi, we even tried na itago ung wedding (a secret one) kasi alam ko maraming mag-disagree, first born ako, and sa side ng mother ko first apo din ako,pero narealize ko hindi pala masaya yung ganun, na wala ung family mo sa araw ng kasal based sa story ng isa kong ka-faculty na nakaranas na walang kamag-anak na dumating sa kasal instead neighbors lang niya, dun ako natauhan that i have to tell this to them and share this wonderful moment to them. Humanap ako ng magandang timing, and perfect! naisip ko after ko sila i-treat sa labas after ng masteral graduation ko, and then sinabi ko na din, and I wasnt really surprised kahit sila hindi nadin nagulat nung moment na yun, kasi sbi ni nanay naramdaman niya na yun and she is letting me go already, yey! natanggap na nila pala, maybe because my partner is so close to near-perfect, and napakasamahan ni Leo ung family ko ng mabuti. And funny scenario, hindi pala talaga ako pwede magpakasal ng ako lang mag-isa, kailangan ng parental consent when your 24 yrs old and below. 

It took me few months to do this, kasi I dont have the pictures with me, yun pala na-save namin sa hard disk, kamusta naman diba, (better late than never) anyway Im writing this blog so that everytime gusto namin i-cherish tong moment na ito, we will remember.This is probably one of the happiest day in our lives ni Leo, kaya truly worth keeping.

Let's start, preparations were done, Leo, my poging poging groom travelled all the way from Paranaque to Bulacan, and ako na-late padin kahit taga-Bulacan  na ako. Below are the pictures of the venue of our wedding, it is Alessandra Gardens, Meycauyan, Bulacan, with the angel statues, nice pool,  and peaceful environment,with the green tiffany chairs all set in for our wedding, upon arriving this place, I said to myself this is really the day the Lord has made for the two of us.





Exactly 10AM, we arrived at Alessandra Gardens and  everybody is there already. Photoshoot ng kaunti, then we started the ceremony.



The wedding ceremony started with a prayer, as it goes through, I have observed that the  place was very solemn and kinakabahan ako ng matindi for unknown reason, ganun pala yung feeling (butterflies in the stomach) talaga, but when I turn around my back as I saw my family and friends , it made me realize how lucky I am to have them in this moment of my life, never ko talaga sila ipagpapalit kahit kanino man.


and not to forget my Angry Birds look alike Lolo's ... Hindi talaga mawawalan ng katatawanan sa family namin and it makes me even more proud that I belong to a loving and so happy family. Money is really not everything. Priceless itong Kengkoy kong Pamilya...




After that, we took an oath that we will love till the end of time

A little reminder from the one who officiates our wedding..



We then, took our wedding vows. He started to give his wedding vow, we used our apple gadgets to say our vows to each other hirap kasing imemorize yung sasabihin. This is the most emotional part of our wedding. As we both say our vows to each other, we began to remember what we had been through to reach this point in our lives.


Then rings,bible and aras were next..



The candles were lighted by our parents, to guide our way in this new journey...

Then the signing of marriage contract, funny thing again is wrong spelling ang surname ni Leo, Mr. Garoon instead of Mr. Gardon, and then followed by the signing also of the secondary sponsors in the marriage contract.



Officially in the eyes of God, Law and our loved ones, we are now MARRIED COUPLE









First Day as a Married Couple :) Cannot believe this is happening to me:)


and then we had a simple lunch...special thanks to Mrs. Almira Tenorio for the cake




After the lunch, messages from my family and Leo's family were given, but one thing,soften my heart, and its my mother's message. Through the years, its really my mother whom I depend on,(because my father died when I was 11) for my entire 24 years of existence.On that day also I promised again that eventhough Im married, my responsibility and love for my family is never ending and I will never ever forget them.


Thanks for all the love...










He is the all around emcee-tagakasal and anything you want! bongga! you can never go wrong sa kanya haha.


and after that, its done!
New Life. New Chapter. New Me.
Mrs. Lilet Gardon






Mrs. Lilet Gardon wearing the biggest smile she ever have in her life :)


1 comment:

  1. Ang ganda netooo! :)) Parang umattend na rin ako sa kasal mo ate lilet! I felt everything was perfect sa kasal mo! Wish you all the besssstt!

    ReplyDelete