Monday, June 25, 2012

Vamp and Zomb days are over!

This is it, the longest hiatus of my life has come to an end, after being a bum for almost 1 year, yes I am bum, finally its over... but let me share you my beautiful story carved by God and put me in this position many would not believe how Lucky I am and How God works in mysterious ways.

It was May 28,2011 when I came here in UAE, fresh, full of hopes full of endless possibilities that I will make name in this country and the only weapon and hope I have is my HAAD exam passing certificate and the things I experience in my home country.. But things dont go as it is, It all turned upside down, I thought everything will fall into its place but unfortunately I have to wait for the processing of my license and I need to find a facility that would sponsor my license, because without it, things will be harder. I did the job hunting, on the first day of it, 2 days after I arrived here in UAE, I already had an interview after minutes of passing my CV and I said to myself how lucky I am. I passed the interview in Dr. Khalid Al Jamal Medical Center I got a nice package salary, whom I think is big already during that time so I immediately grabbed the opportunity without thinking of the other options I have. I was too decisive and too arrogant not to consider the pros and cons of the situation. Until i received another call from Al Jimi Medical Polyclinics, I immediately went there for an interview, during that day I was about to pass all the requirements to Dr. Khalid for my licensing but something at the back of my mind told me I need to go for that interview, and so I did and I passed the interview.They gave me a higher salary package and as arrogant as I am, I withdraw all the requirements I have with Dr. Khalid Al Jamal Medical Center, and signed the contract with the new clinic Al Jimi Medical Polyclinics, and so waiting time starts I was only on tourist visa that time and they said HAAD licensing takes about 3 months but I only have 2 months tourist visa. I was hopeless that time and I was thinking I will go home with nothing in my homeland, but God is really good my Husband visa was approved and I could stay here anytime I want until 3 yrs. I finally got Residence Visa by which I can renew. I said to myself Problem number 1 was solved, but still my license is not yet released, I canot work here legally as a nurse If I dont have it, I waited for almost 6 months just for that license and from time to time I am updating my status in the HAAD office in Abu Dhabi and all the time the answers of the people there are so inconsitent as to the time frame when will my license will be released. I prayed hard and was about to give up. Many things are bothering me and coming into my mind during that waiting time, if I made the right decision to leave Adamson, my second home, and leave my teaching career and everything behind, but I said to myself, someday somehow everything will be worth it......

Finally my license was released after 3 months of dataflow verification, in which they will do a verification if your employment, educational background and licenses are valid and true which is very strict and additional 6 months of accomplishing different steps in licensing. MY LICENSE IS HERE!


I thought this is it, but God still wants to test me and put me in a much better position. I presented my HAAD license to Al Jimi Medical Polyclinics but another problem came in. They said they are still looking for a new doctor and I said again to myself why is this happening to me. I applied again hoping that this clinic will release me If I find another facility. I did not fail, Lifecare Hospital called me, and I was interviewed and I passed and Al Jimi Medical Polyclinics gave me NOC (No objection certificate) for my transfer of license. I was really happy that time. I will now work in a hospital, but Its true when it rains, it pours, after passing the interview in Hospital. I received a call from SEHA-AHS, OH my GOd! I cant believe it happened. It is considered as the highest governing body of all the government and public hospitals and facilities here in Abu Dhabi. I was scheduled for a panel interview. Dilemma of where to work came in. I asked advices from my relatives, family, friends and colleagues here in UAE whom I met in the Nursing conference and the like and they are all pointing to SEHA, that i should grab the opportunity because aside from the benefits I will be receiving from the government, the salary package, protection and tenure are all provided and so I chose SEHA I waited for another 2 months for it and now waiting is finally over.....



GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT. MAY GOD BE PRAISED!!!!!!



*a super late post. This is a test of fait to me and also my patience. Tips and tidbits for nurses who are aspiring to have HAAD-RN license.


2 comments:

  1. hey.. so cool to hear ur success.... I need some assistance and ideas about this HAAD licensing process.. Could you please help me.... Please get in touch with me on

    my mail: karthe.pt@gmail.com

    Thanks
    Karthik

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi how many days after interview in seha they informed you passed? Because i am waiting for the result. i called to ask the result they said i must wait for their email.pls reply huhuhu

    ReplyDelete